Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Rain. There's been lots of rain lately. And when it rains in Hilo, it RAINS in Hilo. Sometimes the sound is so deafening on the roof top that I can't hear other people talk! 


And when I think of rain, I think of lemon drops and icecream, because that's what I wish the raindrops were. Especially when I open my mouth to catch some drops while driving Petey.  If you are wondering who Petey is, it's the name I gave my little scooter. It's about time I named that little guy. 

Anyways, back to lemons. And cookie dough. They make a great combination!




They're comin' along in the oven!


These guys rose a little more than what I wanted. So, either something is wrong with the baking soda I used, or I added too much. I like my cookies crisp, none of this puffy stuff!  But regardless, they still tasted wonderful, as any cookie does.



And, while I had the lemon out, I decided to whip up a little smoothie to eat with my cookie.  The lemon was nice because it added a little kick to the bland banana flavor.  

These are just approximate measures, because I just threw it all in!

Lemon Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
1/2 cup Plain yogurt
Half of a regular banana ( I used an apple banana)
1 tsp squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/8 cup pina colada mix
Handful of ice

Throw it all in the magic bullet and watch the magic happen! 


And there you have it. So get out there and buy some lemons. 

Better yet, come on over and I'll give you some! And before you do that - subscribe to my blog to get email updates by entering your email address on the top left hand side of the page! 

Here's the recipe I used for these ones:

Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda (I'd recommend lessening the amount)
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter, sugar, lemon, and vanilla in a large bowl.  Add eggs and beat it well.  Stir together flour, baking soda, salt in another bowl, and then add to butter mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.  Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes until almost set.  Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Turn up the HEAT | TNB