Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

I'm from Sask - atch - e - won

So.. one of the things I've noticed about being down here is people really don't know anything about Canada.. let alone Saskatchewan (my friends remember it by calling it "the sketchy one"... great.)  First of all, here's a conversation I had with one of the other girls on exchange:

Girl: "So what sports are popular in Canada?"
Me: "Umm.. mostly football and hockey, I'd say.  Have you ever heard of the Roughriders? We have some pretty crazy fans."
Girl: "Ya.. I think I have!! We have some pretty crazy hockey fans too."
Me:  " .....um.."
What I was thinking: "You don't even know.. and its football, not hockey."


There is also a great unawareness around here of Tim Hortons, Lululemon, bunnyhugs, runners (they call them  sneakers)... just to name a few.
Also.. my pet peeve....! People always call me Bri-aw-na.   NO !! That's not how you say it! I don't care if you have an accent or not.


I'm still having a hard time getting used to the moisture too.  My curling iron has steam even when its not wet! There's really no use in curling it in the first place because it falls out right away... and it takes twice as long to blow dry...sigh... where is my dry Saskatchewan!!



On the bright side - I got to show you some beautiful flowers here.. ! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Turn up the HEAT | TNB