Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Bye Spring break!

 I 'm so glad someone finally guessed the fruit!  It was very weird tasting - almost like a pear. 
Well anyways, spring break is officially over this week, and School is back and it's as welcome as a skunk at a lawn party. But... I can't complain - a week of no school. It was fun while it lasted!

I went up to Pololu lookout up in the North part of the island - near Hawi (pronounced Havee). 

These are the lovely people I am staying with, Shori and Kelly Whelan.  They have been so kind to me.. .! 


It was a really nice hike down but treacherous on the way up.. I'm surprised I survived it. I thought that all this swimming and body boarding would get me in shape..apparently not.


A beached whale was down on the shore - it was kinda nasty, and man did it ever reek to high heaven. It was disintegrating and little chunks were washing away into the ocean. Great first up close whale sighting.

This week it's back to the school work and band practice.. that's right, I said band practice.  I'm on the keyboard and a backup singer for the New Year Romantics. Some amazing musicians I get to play with.  This has been my dream for so long!!  We're playing in the Battle of the bands at the university next weekend, then at a wedding the following weekend.   I'll try to post some video's after we perform!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha that beached whale is probably accomplishing as much school work as you are.

Post a Comment

 
Turn up the HEAT | TNB