Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Tsunami.. !!

Ok, so here's the deal. My camera is shot right now. The lens won't close - There must be some sand or something in there.. so this means I can't even download them.. !

But, the good news is, I survived the tsunami that came! And here's the scoop:

Melissa and I were going down to Kona for the weekend, and to make things cheap - we wanted to catch the free (thats right.. FREE!!) bus to Kona. Well, it comes once a day, and needless to say - Bobby, our cab driver, could hardly speak english, and was waiting at the wrong place to pick us up. Apparently he misunderstood. So, the short of it is, we missed the bus. We were devestated.. miss one whole day there? I don't think so. So, we ended up renting a car so we could be on our way. Little did we know that God had the bigger picture in mind. I seriously don't know what we would have done if we didn't have a car!! Walk the whole city with our body boards and suitcases..there's no way. Why did I ever doubt? I know He always protects me.

It was a scary morning waking up to a phone call from her mom warning us that there was a warning for our area! We heard the sirens start right after that. We heard the time it was supposed to hit (if it did) was 11:19, so we threw everything in our bags and headed up the hill to join the rest of the mad tourists trying to get out of the danger zone. We got some provisions just in case - water, food, and filled with gas. We camped out in the Wal-Mart parking lot for about 2 hours, waiting and waiting for a big wave to come and wash out downtown... but, it never happened. We couldn't even get Starbucks because it was closed. So we sat down and had a nice game of Rook.

Thanks for all your prayers.. ! It was a cool experience... In a selfish way, I wish it would have happened, but I'm glad it didn't for all the Hawiian people's sake.

Hopefully I'll have some pictures to come soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Turn up the HEAT | TNB