Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Top 8 Things To Do on the Big Island

Well, the 5 day countdown is on, and I've compiled some of my favorites of the Big Island (well, besides going to the beach!!)  So get ready and hang on to your shorts..!
1. Green Sands Beach - Although it takes a good 1 1/2 hour hike in, its TOTALLY worth it!! One of the most beautiful places I have ever been.



2. Laupahoehoe Point - Crashing waves and beautiful colors. Sigh.



3. Volcano lava flow at Kalapana.


3. Snorkeling at the Kapoho Tide Pools. - Crazy corals and colorful cool fish. How's that for using my c's.


4. Akaka Falls - There's some pretty nice greens all around, not to mention the incredibly tall and sweet water falling down.



6. Pololu Lookout - (North part of the Island)  To the left of these mountains is the shoreline you can hike down to.  I was lucky the first time and got to see a whale on the beach.  I guess I'm not sure if you'd call it lucky - it didn't smell too good, and you couldn't really tell it was a whale by looking at it.



7. Experience the Farmer's Market - 2 dolla 2 dolla, whatcha want?? Some of the vendors are pretty sneaky... but I know their tricks.



8. Watch the sunset in Kona - mmm.. do i even have to say.. ? Ok, I will... Sunset!   Sunset anywhere would be on my top 8 list!

Despite my attempts at getting everywhere, it didn't happen.. (...insert sad face).  Things just got too busy! However, here are a few things that I've heard are really good to do, I just didn't do them myself!

 - Hike down Waipeo Valley - Water World was shot here!
 - South Point - supposedly you can jump off the most south part of the island.  But if all goes well, I'm going to attempt to go there this weekend, along with some deep sea fishing! I'll let you know how it goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Turn up the HEAT | TNB