Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Snorkeling and Beach!

Well.. school started this week in Hilo! The campus is pretty much all outdoors (but covered incase of rain), except for the classrooms, they are indoor of course.
Friday was a snorkeling day in Puna! It was really cool - there were little ponds all connected to each other with shallow water (you can see one in the pic below). And I saw an eel! It was really scary so I just swam really fast out of that pond. They aren't supposed to bite unless you get up in their business, but I didn't care - I wasn't risking it.



And another spot we stopped to look there were a whole bunch of black crabs climbing up and down the wall - I thought they were scorpions at first but then i realized I'd never seen a scorpion and didn't know what they looked like. Apparently they were crabs...all the same to me - they both bite.



Yesterday I went to Hapuna Beach with a trip that the University put free for students! There were about 60 students all piled on buses and then headed off to the beach. It was super hot all day, but the good news is I stayed burn free, and the best part - some beach volleyball!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Turn up the HEAT | TNB